Thursday, February 10, 2011

Running Music

There's a great website out there that provides FREE running music downloads to spice up your workouts. The site is called Podrunner (www.podrunner.com ) and you'll find some terrific techno mixes for 5K, 8K, and 10K training. You can also access and download archived music for your iPod or other MP3 devices. I used the interval workout today at the gym and it was great. Each song plays at a specific beat to either speed up or slow down your pace.

In related news, I've decided to ditch my iPod for a cheaper MP3 player. I can't access the iTunes store no matter what I try. After doing a Google search of reasons behind the problems I'm experiencing, I've found myriad forums addressing similar issues with iTunes, specifically getting error messages when trying to access the store. Does Apple want our business or what? Or, are they so filthy rich they don't need my piddly money? At any rate, I surrender and am flying the white flag. San Disk offers some really nice WMA players at a great price. And, the real kicker is something Apple refuses to put in the iPod--an FM tuner. I've wanted that for so long and now I can have it. Thank you Apple for helping me see the error of my ways!

I digress. The point of today's blog is to share Podrunner with you. I hope you'll find it a good source for free workout music. Go check it out.

Happy running!


TFR

1 comment:

Steven Rigney said...

Last year I bought my daughter an iPod nano, it has an FM tuner in it. I don't know if they have on in the newest nano, or in the larger iPods, but at least it had one in it when I bought hers. As for music, I tend to buy most of my mp3 music from Amazon mp3. It is the same price or cheaper than iTunes almost always.