Monday, December 19, 2011

Alone With God

I'm sitting here typing, when I should be working, watching the clock. At 1:00 pm I finally get to see the surgeon that I'm praying will take this infernal gallbladder out. I find myself sitting in a classroom with 25 kids, but I'm all alone as I converse with God. I feel good about today. I pray Dr. Wyatt will be the latest angel to come to my rescue. I pray he will listen to my words and look upon me with compassion. He has the power to move me into surgery this week. I pray God will speak into his heart and he will do that for me.

As I've talked to God in silent prayer all morning, he's given me a tremendous sense of comfort and peace. I've asked him for a Christmas miracle. Having this surgery this week would be the best Christmas present I could ever have. To spend Christmas morning with my family as I recover and feel better would awesome. Just knowing all these health issues are going to be put to rest gives me a sense of nervous anticipation, but I don't want to undercut God. HE will care for me and I know that. He's seen fit to place angels all around me.

No matter what the outcome, I live in the here and now, not for tomorrow. I rejoice in the situation but pray for a wonderful, inspiring resolution to a two-month bout with the worst health issues I've ever faced. I've never had to face them alone. God has been right there and sends legions of angels to defend me.

So, as the morning progresses and I inch toward my appointment, I will continue to praise God and talk to him. I seek his will for me in this day. I am tired, but enthused today by what God is doing. I'm just ready to put this part of my life behind me, but never forget all the lessons I've learned. Praise be to the God of the storm who gently walks with us through it, holding our hands and protecting us from evil.

Time for more prayer. Gotta go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the valuable information you supply for your articles.
I'll bookmark your blog and take a look at once more here frequently. I'm reasonably certain
I will be informed lots of new stuff right right here!
Best of luck for the following!

Also visit my weblog; Tennis 2013

Anonymous said...

We stumbled over here different web address and thought I should check
things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
Look forward to looking into your web page again.


My blog post voyance gratuite