Sunday, November 18, 2007

What's On Your Playlist?

I have an i-Pod. I'm not always sold on the whole Apple hype thing, but I do like my 2 gigger. It would be even better if it had an FM tuner and I'm trying to figure out why Apple refuses to add one to their i-Pods.

I've got close to 500 songs on my playlist. It's hard to listen to that many songs and I can't imagine having an MP3 with more storage space and 1,000+ song capacity. Are there that many songs in existence? I guess so.

Here's a sampling of my playlist, boring as it may be. You'll find I'm a 80's man, but I do like a lot of contemporary groups, but I can't stand rap.

Alanis Morrisette's Greatest Hits
Sheryl Crow's Greatest Hits
Eye of the Tiger--Survivor
I Love Rock n Roll--Joan Jett
Heartbreaker/Hit Me With Your Best Shot--Pat Benatar
Gonna Fly Now--Rocky soundtrack
Coming in the Air Tonight--Phil Collins
Heat of the Moment--Asia
Africa/Rosanna--Toto
I Want You to Want Me--Cheap Trick
Friends in Low Places--Garth Brooks
Who's Your Daddy?--Toby Keith
Back in Black/Thunderstruck--AC/DC
Detroit Rock City--Kiss
Clocks/Yellow--Coldplay
Don't Stop Believin'--Journey
After Midnight--Eric Clapton
It Keeps You Runnin'--Bob Seger
Ride Like the Wind--Christopher Cross
Heart of Rock n Roll/I Want a New Drug/Power of Love--Huey Lewis and the News
All Star/Walkin' on the Sun--Smashmouth
Wizards in Winter--Trans-Siberian Orchestra

and, of course...The Essential Dean Martin (30 hits)

I'm 43 and getting old, but I still like to rock. There's nothing like music to get you going on a long run on a cold day.

Let me know if you listen to music while you workout and if you do, what's on your playlist?

Take it easy and enjoy the ride!




TFR

4 comments:

Jason said...

Well, I am too poor to own an ipod! I have a cheap am/fm radio that straps to my arm, so whatever is on the radio is what I listen to.
Must be nice to be able to choose your music!

The Fat Runner said...

My girls pitched in and bought me my i-Pod for Father's Day. It has been nice having it. Since beginning to run with an MP3 almost two years ago, I've really liked having the distraction of music. I do miss having an FM radio since I like listening to the TV programs at the gym.

Maybe if you're really good, Santa will bring you an MP3 this year.

Hang in there, dude!



G

Jason said...

Hanging in there seems to be a theme for life, good news is that I dropped 8 lbs right before thanksgiving (since last thursday). Did 1500 calories on various machines today so watch out tomorrow and don't be in front of me in the food line! It will be nice to have no guilt knowing it will come right back off with my workouts,
I wil say that about half the time I listen to ESPN when at the gym.

On another note, you should have seen your wife's face when I tried to give her some deer meat to take home to you a couple weeks ago!!!LOLOLOL I told her you were going to cook it and tell her it was beef!
Looked for you tonight, OASIS was good.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm about your age and pulled a few ideas for you from my running playlist. I tried to come up with things that you might like based on what you already have, but most of this stuff is more recent. Hope it works for you.

Arctic Monkeys-Teddy Picker and Yellow Bricks (from Favourite Worst Nightmare)

The Strokes - Someday and Last Night From Is This It)

The Fratellis - Henrietta, The Gutterati, Chelsea Dagger, Creeping Up the Backstairs and Flat head (from Costello Music ** THIS IS A GREAT ALBUM**)

Queen - Under Pressure and Don't Stop Me Now

KT Tunstall - Hold On, Funnyman, and I Don't Want You Now (from Drastic Fantastic)

Keane - Bend and Break (from Hopes & Fears) and Is It Any Wonder (from Under the Iron Sea)

Kaiser Chiefs - Everything is Average Nowadays

Phoenix - Second to None(from It's Never Been Like That)

Spoon - The Underdog and Don't You Evah (from Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga)

Deb from Boston