Sunday, August 31, 2008

Behold, the Power of Pancakes!

Never underestimate the power of pancakes. Ahhh, the smell of golden griddle cakes fresh off the stove on a cold morning...nothing's better. Okay, maybe the coffee that goes with them. I realize this is pretty random of me, writing about pancakes and all, but I've had a rough Sunday and need some comfort food on my mind.

I began this day with a plate of pancakes at my favorite breakfast stop, right before heading off to church. Prior to that my wife and I were faced with a huge, heartbreaking decision that I'd rather not discuss now. Let's just say it's not my idea of a good Sunday morning when I've already shed some tears. So, my plate of goodness was extra comforting indeed.

I'm sure many of you find solace in other foods, but for me, nothing beats a big stack with lots of butter and syrup and a steaming cup of coffee to wash them down.

If you're a runner, you doubly appreciate the carb-loading power pancakes offers before and after a long run. Let's put it this way, I could eat them every day and never grow tired of them.

I told you this a random blog, but I needed my brain to take a walk with a lot of distractions from the mess that is the world. I'm not sure where this is going, but I guess mostly I'm just typing out loud to stretch my brain muscles since they're sore from over-thinking earlier today.

Pancakes can soothe a world of aches and pains. Too bad I slammed a steak sandwich for supper or else I'd be heading for the kitchen whip up a short stack.

Thanks for wandering with me.

God bless!



TFR

1 comment:

The Fat Runner said...

To my friends and readers,

My wife and I have been dealing with more diabetes issues, but we're okay. In the immortal words of Ferris Bueller, "life comes at you pretty fast."

We're warriors, if nothing else. BV, thanks for checking on us. It means a lot. We're all doing all right.



G