Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Power of the Net

Though I've only been blogging for a relatively short time, God has done some amazing things through my site. He has bridged my world into the worlds of other bloggers and for that I'm thankful.

Take my new friend Carly. She's a blogger and also a teacher, an art teacher--whoa! She has a great story and I'm blessed to have met her. Had I not started my blog site last month I would be less two new friends. It's just cool when you begin to see the real power of the net in action and how it can be used as a tool for God.

Carly, I am thankful. You reminded me what my life is supposed to be about and it's not the treasures of this earth. I am called, as a Christian, to serve others as I serve Christ. I'm not supposed to get caught up in the worldly worries, but transcend above that in the unspeakable joy that comes from a relationship with God.

So, I'll not worry that I didn't get a promotion this summer. God has grander plans in store for me. In my little mind, I can't comprehend all the God is going to do, but I know he's working on it right now, as I type.

I thank God for Carly and Steven and all the others he is going to bring into my life through this blog site.

Whether it's running, blogging, teaching, or whatever you do, do it for the Lord and do it with joy.

May God bless you all with an abundance of happiness.

Ever Forward!!!




TFR

2 comments:

Art Teacher said...

Thanks for this post, I only just read it...my internet time has been limited b/c of work, house guest, wedding plans for friends...you know life. hope all is well!

The Fat Runner said...

I understand. School has been crazy and I've slacking off on my blog.

Take care!


TFR