Friday, September 14, 2007

Race for the Cure

After writing my most chilling blog yet (I still have goosebumps from the imagery), I thought I'd follow-up with something a little more positive.

I signed up to run The Race for the Cure here in Amarillo. As you know, I am adamant about diabetes research, but I lost my grandmother to cancer almost 20 years ago. I have numerous friends that have been affected by cancer in some form or fashion.

I figured it's worth running a 5k if it'll help with a cure for cancer. So, a few Saturdays from now, I'll get out there and run a blistering 10-minute per mile (hopefully better) 3.1 miles. I only hope no one's behind me because I want no one injured from the vapor trail. After all, this is a fun run.

Get out there and walk, run, crawl, or hop to champion a cause. It's a great way to raise money and get some exercise.

You can go to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure web site to find an event near you.

Oh, and keep reading for upcoming news about my 8-hour nutfest on the treadmill to raise money and awareness for juvenile diabetes.

Please share my blog with others. I want to hear from you. Write me!

May God bless you with great running.

Ever Forward!!!




TFR

3 comments:

Jason said...

For the first time in my life the thought of running 3.1 miles doesn't make me want to throw up, now the thought of 8 hours does! Good luck with that!

The Fat Runner said...

I'm proud of your progress. You're looking great, Man. Keep it up and maybe we can run together sometime.

After tonight's talk, you're going to be the subject of my next post.

Hang in there!



Gregg

Anonymous said...

Good words.