Tuesday, January 1, 2008

One Cold Run

I hit the road for the first run of 2008 this afternoon at 4 pm. Brother, it was chilly out there. I checked the temp before I left the house and it was 36 with a slight wind from the northeast.

Today's run would be in my favorite place. In fact, I chronicled the site in an earlier post called "Fave Runs." I parked in Wolflin at my usual spot. Hopped out and got stretched and then hit cobblestones.

Even wearing a sweatshirt, hoodie, winter hat, and gloves it was still cold. I ran in shorts, which is my trademark. No matter what the weather conditions happen to be, I'm always in shorts, unless I'm at work.

The cold air was exhilarating, but wore me down. I managed 4 miles and with my cooldown walk I stopped my watch at 45:06. I figure I ran an 11:00 pace since I took one minute walks every 10 minutes. My knees were red from the cold.

2008 is off to good start and I can't wait for more. I finished '07 with some respiratory and stomach problems that I hope I'll kick soon.

If you like to run, give me a holler and tell me about your favorite places to run, your running experiences, and running goals for the year. I'd love to hear from you. I hope we'll get more readers coming to visit my site.

I found a really neat running site you might be interested in. It's called The Runner's Lounge. I found it purely by accident and now I have a profile listed on it. It's a great cyberplace for runners to gather and I really love the tips and forums shared by regular running Joes and Janes. Go check it out and tell me what you think. Click this link and give it a look:
http://www.runnerslounge.com

Take it easy and happy running to all.



TFR

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Thanks for the shout out about Runners' Lounge. We built it for runners everywhere to meet and talk about running and to get and leave advice.

Hang in there on the cold runs and with the middle school students.