Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day Two: How's Your Resolutions?

It's January 2. How many of you are already behind on your resolutions? I'm working on making mine stick. Stephen Covey in his book, "The Seven Habits of Effective People," says it takes doing something 21 times for it to become a habit. So, it'll take 19 more times for me to be habitual in my resolutions.

Already, I've stuck to a couple which I figured would be much tougher than it seems. Like drinking coffee. Typically, I drink two 24 oz. cups a day. I try to have decaf in the evenings, but I still spruce it up with creamer, and that's added fat I don't need. Reducing the caffeine alone will help lower my blood pressure and that's, as Martha says, a good thing.

Last night, my wife and I began our daily Bible reading. I'm excited about doing this with her. I want us to be a more prayerful couple and to study the Bible together.

I'm off to a great start on making my runs more meaningful. I want to run with a purpose instead of just running for running's sake. I need the fitness boost and weight loss, but I want to be more goal-centered and hit a few 5k's and maybe even a half-marathon this year.

Tomorrow will begin another resolution. We go back to school tomorrow (yeah, on a Thursday!) and it's my goal to make this semester my best yet. I want my lesson plans to be tight, on schedule, and everyone on task. I look forward to perhaps a shot at being an assistant principal by this coming summer. This will probably be my last pursuit of this and if things don't work out, I pray God will open a new door for me.

So, here's to everyone meeting their goals and fulfilling their resolutions this year. Let me know how it's going. 2008 is going to be the best year ever!

That's my early year confession...what's yours?

God bless!



TFR

3 comments:

Mrs. Stumbo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Stumbo said...

Hey there,

Just making my rounds. We started back at school today. I thought coming back on Wednesday was pointless much less Thursday? Good luck this semester. I wish I had only semester long classes instead of the same kids until May. Not that I do not love them but a change would be nice. Happy New Year!!!

The Fat Runner said...

I'm glad I don't have the same bunch of kids this semester. I think Adrienne feels the same way, with the semester she just had.

Have a great semester and hang in there!



G