Friday, June 20, 2008

Talking Points

I have a confession: I hate thieves!!! Well, I hate the sin of thievery, at least. This morning, I decided to sleep a little later and got up at just after 9. I got dressed and was heading out the door to grab a cup of Joe and read the morning paper and then hit the gym for a lift. Last night, for the first time, I parked on the street instead in my driveway. I hit my clicker to unlock my truck and it sounded like my truck was unlocked. As I walked around to the driver's side, I saw my window was smashed and there was glass everywhere. Someone had broken into my truck, ransacked my console and glove box and there was glass all over the floorboards and seats. I was ticked, to say the least.

Then, I gazed up the street and saw the twinkling of glass next to my neighbor's two vehicles. They got him too. Bless his heart, I had to wake him up after he had gotten in from work at 2 am. Some nit-wit took his stereo. Of course, we called the police only to learn there had been 20 vehicles hit in our neighborhood. The silver lining to this story is they caught the morons. It'll be a while before they sort out all the mess. Their little rampage cost me $200 for a new window. Thanks, dudes!

You know, ordinarily, I'd want a pound of flesh, but strangely, I wasn't as mad as I thought I'd be. I just wanted to talk to them and let them know that $200 was insulin I could've purchased for my daughter. Maybe one of their victims has cancer and can't afford to replace a car window. My neighbor has diabetes and I'm sure the stress of the morning jacked his blood sugars through the roof. Most of all, I'd like these guys to know the Jesus I know. That while they'll have to face consequences for their actions, they have a way out that is eternal. They have access to the same Savior I do, if they want him. I'd like to tell them about him in the hopes they might realize a life that is different from the one they are presently living. Sadly, I probably won't get that chance. All I can do is pray someone else talks to them before it's too late.

Next topic: Achilles pain. If anyone out there has experienced achilles pain or an achilles injury, please tell me about it. How do you run through something like that? My left achilles has a knot that is really bugging me. I considered getting back on the bike until I can get it healed. It comes and goes and I'm sure being over 240 lbs. contributes to the stress I'm feeling on my left ankle.

Last topic: I noticed I got a comment from someone I'd never met before. Welcome Friend! I hope you'll check out my blogs more often and chime in. I hope you'll tell your friends and running buddies to check us out. Also, I'd like to suggest you browse The Runners' Lounge by going to www.runnerslounge.com and while you're there, look me up. I started a loungers' forum called "The Fat Runners Society." I hope you'll sign up and engage in conversation with me and my buddy Jason. We're big runners and we'd love to hear from more of you.

That's it for now. God bless you all and ever forward!!!



TFR

3 comments:

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

So sorry to hear about your vehicle. I am lucky that thieves have only entered my life a few times - but boy - that does make my blood boil too.

Thanks for the shoutout about Runners Lounge! You are not alone with dealing with weight and running.

The Fat Runner said...

Hey Amy!

I'm happy to hear from you. I absolutely love The Runners' Lounge! I've enjoyed being able to connect with other runners.

Thanks for taking the time to write. I really appreciate it. I know there are more runners out there like me. My good friend loves to tease his running buddies about how rail-thin and sick they look and how he's got a buddy that runs pretty fast for big guy.

Some of us former football players might surprise the little guys with our quickness.

God bless you Amy and thanks for your input!



G

Steven Rigney said...

I had something similar happen a few years ago. Someone broke into our car and stole the radio, thankfully they didn't break a window at the time. The radio was found dumped down the block, but the thief was never caught. I still worry about what could be stolen, and what I leave in my car every night.