Saturday, June 28, 2008

What's In Your Playlist?

I've been reading a lot of articles out there in running publications about how MP3 players are banned from most sanctioned marathons. I guess I won't be running any marathons soon because I pretty much live with my iPod now. I haven't always been a fan of running with headphones, especially outdoors, but I really enjoy listening to music while I run. It helps get me through my runs and takes my mind off the mileage I need to cover.

My playlist is pretty eclectic, as you'll soon see. I like intense music, like hard rock, when I need to do a faster run. For longer runs, I prefer something a touch more mellow. Then for those in-between runs, like for hills or just when I'm working out I might try something more contemporary. Music can be a huge part of a good workout and can really help your running goals for the day.

So, what's in your playlist? Here's a sampling of mine:

Born to Run--Bruce Springsteen
I Love Rock N Roll--Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Metal Health--Quiet Riot
Turn Me Loose--Loverboy
Heartbreaker--Pat Benatar
Faithfully--Journey
Sweet Dreams--The Eurhythmics
The Heart of Rock N Roll--Huey Lewis and the News
Welcome to the Jungle--Guns N Roses
Dead or Alive--Bon Jovi
Banana Pancakes--Jack Johnson
All Star--Smashmouth
Rock and Roll Band--Boston
Lucky Star--Madonna
Hot Blooded--Foreigner

Let me know what you're listening to. Hit me with your best shot, baby!



TFR

No comments: