Thursday, November 29, 2007

Passion

From the title of this blog, it sounds like this blog is going to be juicy, but nope, not even close. After talking with my mentor and close friend this afternoon, he made the comment that I need to decide what my passion is and find a way to pursue it.

Teaching is not my "passion," per se, but I love educating people. God has given me a gift of verbal and spoken communication and I really love creating, planning, and giving presentations. I love getting up in front of people and talking. My other two passions, other than God and family, are writing and running. If I can figure out how to parlay that into a career, then I'd go for it.

I realize it's time to move on. As much as I think I'd make a good administrator at school, I don't fancy doing this in a profession that is buckling under the weight of bureaucracy. I just need to find my passion and go get it.

I tell my careers kids that you need to choose a job because you love it, not for the money. I need to follow my own advice. There's a balance that must be struck between doing what I love and remembering I have a mortgage, student loans, and car payments. Somewhere between the two is my destiny. Even though I believe my destiny was to be a child of God and serve him no matter the cost, I do know my life is still a journey and somewhere along the way, I hit the speed bump.

So, it's time to get moving. I've got six months to start living my life all over again. Tomorrow is a great start toward achieving that. Time to move as I say...ever forward.

That's my confession. What's yours?

Go Cowboys! Great game, but too many mistakes!!!

God bless you with great days.



TFR

3 comments:

Jason said...

Well, good luck with figuring it out! I truly know what it is to search for that "job" you really want, I am still searching!

As for the Cowboy's, wasn't it nice to see T.O. cough it up in the endzone! Can you say "ESPN Highlight!"
LOL
They got lucky, this time!

Didn't take you long to turn down working out here did it?
LOL

The Fat Runner said...

I'm trying to leave working with kids and don't want another job working with KIDS!

TO's drop was absolutely inexcuseable and he should've written Jerry Jones a check for several million after that one. Two drops--one for a first down and the other for a TD.

I think that the NFC and AFC are both weak and the NFL is filled with guys that shouldn't be there. Just as expansion has brought a bunch of minor league washouts into the Major League Baseball, so it has in the NFL, as well.

Hang in there, Dude!



G

first time handjob stories said...

he hissed, tightening his grip on her, till she sucked in air, threw back her head, and whimpered. Get upstairs and I will instruct you from there.
incest dad son sex stories
old and young sex stories
femdom stories ballbusting
taboo short stories
little boy spanking stories
he hissed, tightening his grip on her, till she sucked in air, threw back her head, and whimpered. Get upstairs and I will instruct you from there.