Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Once More, With Feeling

Sorry about my last post. It had been a frustrating day which was sort of the capper of an even more frustrating summer. How can I purport to be this Christian man when I'm puking my guts out about my job? I vow to try harder. You, my wonderful readers, all 4 of you, deserve better.

Today was a much better day at Happy School for the Gifted and Criminally Lazy. As my fellow blogger and art teacher can attest, the first week is always the toughest. Rules must be set and we have to learn a whole new batch of names.

I had a really good run, but it was on the fake road, or treadmill as you might call it. There is nothing like hitting the road, or the belt, to work off the stress of a long day. Running is my medicine.

Fall is approaching and I can't wait for the terrific runs that are waiting to happen. I'm so anticipating the coolness that will soon be here.

Once again, I apologize for my rant last night. Let's get on with more pressing things like the pennant race and kickoff of the college football season this weekend.

Who's your favorite college football team? Mine are the Longhorns, of course. I have a great idea I'd like to pitch to UT and its fans. Instead of coming to the Red River Shootout wearing burnt orange, I suggest all Texas fans wear Boise State t-shirts in honor of their victory over OU last bowl season. Now wouldn't that be something? Just imagine, half of the Cotton Bowl awash in a sea of Broncho blue. Problem is OU would most likely get so angry they would kill Texas 60-0. It's still a funny idea, you have to admit.

Write and tell me who you'll be rooting for this season. I love your comments.

God bless and Ever Forward!!!



TFR

3 comments:

Steven Rigney said...

I have to go with the blue and gold of Notre Dame. Been cheering for them my whole life. I've had friends who went there and played football, and I'll keep cheering for them.

The Fat Runner said...

I love the Fighting Irish too, especially during the Lou Holtz years. But, since I'm from Texas, I have to go with the Horns.

Hope things are good with you, my friend.



Gregg

Jason said...

The Longhorns get my vote, as far as wearing the Bronco blue---that would be cool just to shove it down their throats! After living in Oklahoma City for 6 years (when we were losing) I have a little view of what they deserve at OU!